How to setup a site using resources
In this tutorial you will learn how to setup a detailed site plan using the built-in resource library.
- With in the scenario, access the resource library from Resources & Equipment
- Search from All or explore items by the following categories -
- Equipment & Vehicles - machinery and construction equipment
- Logistics & Facilities - site mobilization & setup
- Public Road Vehicles - general vehicles
- Site Conditions - surrounding environment
- Safety & Personnel - site controls
- Building Elements - building components
- There are 3 types of resource placement:
- Point - click to place on the map tile - move freely in space
- Polyline - draw a line with a series of connected points - attached to map or sketch plane
- Polygon - draw at least two vertices to automatically create a polygon - attached to map or sketch plane
Edit, Position, and Adjust Resource:
- To edit double click the object, or right click and select Edit either on the 3D object or name in the model browser
- From here; copy/paste, hide/show, undo/redo, zoom on object, or delete
- Position using the movement handles - translate, rotate, or snap
- Adjust parametric resources by clicking the gear cog icon and suitably drag handles
- Alternatively, adjust available parameters using slide bars on the edit menu
Polyline Propagation Mode:
- Propagation mode defines the reference used to anchor a polyline resource
- There are three modes:
- Follow Terrain - Each panel follows the map terrain
- Straight Line - Follows a straight line between points
- Follow Plane - Follows defined sketch plane offset
Sequence Resources using milestones:
- Control the visibility of resources between milestones; that is, when it will appear and disappear in the sequence
- When editing a resource, click the drop-down menu, From and To, and define the range of milestones it will be visible
- Use Set to Current, at the bottom of the drop-down to select the milestone which is currently showing
Note: The start and end milestones are inclusive and the resource will show on these milestones
What is a Resource?
- A resource is a 3D parametric (or non parametric) model representing a real-world object
- Resource models such as equipment are created with actual specifications, unless stated otherwise i.e. "generic"
Can't find a Resource?
If you can't find a resource in the library for something you intend to use on site or would like to show, we can create it for you!
- Click the help icon (question mark), then click Resource Request
- Provide a brief description of the resource and include a reference such as a photo, spec. sheet, or any other information you can provide
- Our team will create a parametric model and add it the library within a few days, depending on the specifics of the request