View/Edit Mode and Locking
Learn about user access modes and locking functionality of the site plan.
- Only one user can edit the site plan at any given time
- Only users with permission can edit the site plan
- Click Edit when in View Mode for full access to tools
- Click Save & View when in Edit Mode to return to View Mode
- Click the Lock Icon to disable the ability to edit
- The scenario will be on view mode by default for existing scenarios
- This mode grants users limited access to review tools, milestones and basic navigation tools
- Note: In View Mode, users are unable to save any changes made
- The scenario will be on edit mode by default for newly created scenarios
- Only users with edit rights will have permission to edit the site plan, and will be able to do so, one user at a time
- This mode grants users full access to all edit tools, milestones and all navigation tools
- In the Edit Mode, users are able to save changes made
- From the dropdown list, click Save and View to enable view mode
Lock and Save:
- Toggle the Lock Icon to disable and enable editing
- When locked, the scenario is on View Mode and the edit button will be disabled
- Unlock to enable access to Edit Mode
- Click Save, to save any changes to the site plan
- Note: AutoSave is enabled by default
- Another user is editing the project: In this case, you will not have access to edit until the other user closes their session or returns to view mode.
2. Multiple open sessions: In this case, close the duplicate instances of the session to continue editing.