How to Create a Presentation and Markups
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create and share a presentation and informational callouts known as markups.
- The cmBuilder presentation is where the sequence of milestones is captured to show the end-to-end simulation
- The presentation is made up of slides per milestone, which play continuously like an animation
- A slide contains a captured view angle and can include overlaid information (markups) such as text callouts
1. Access the presentation slides from Presentation and Markup from the bottom or top toolbar, or the three dots on the MS Manager
- Upon opening, each milestone has a default slide as a placeholder
- If the presentation is played with only the placeholder slides, the milestones will cycle and the sequence shown; however, the view will remain static
2. Create a slide - either edit the default slide or create a new one
- To edit a slide right-click the card or click the three dots and select Edit
- To create a new slide click + Add Slide
3. Capture or recapture a view angle
- + Add Slide will capture an angle upon creation
- Reset the camera angle by clicking Capture Angle from the bottom toolbar, or clicking the three dots on the slide item, followed by Recapture
- Note: It's not necessary to capture a view angle for every milestone - the presentation will play from the last captured view angle
4. Add Markups
- Add Markup items from the bottom toolbar
- Measure Distance - measure between two selected points
- Minimum Distance - measure the straight-line distance between two surfaces
- Custom Section - 3D model section
- Sea Level Elevation - measure the local elevation of the selected point
- Callouts - text box
- Edit or Remove items by clicking the three dots on the item
- Double-click callouts in the viewer to edit
5. Repeat as necessary
- Click Done once finished editing
- Create as many slides as desired for one or multiple milestone
6. Create a cover slide
Now that you have created slides and added markup items, the next step is to set up a Cover Slide for your presentation. The cover slide is the first slide in a presentation that provides a visual representation of what the audience can expect to learn.
To add a cover slide to your presentation, follow these simple steps:
- Click the "Select Cover Slide" button on the left side sheet.
- Choose the desired slide to serve as the cover slide. Once selected, click on the "Select Cover Slide" button.
- You have successfully added a cover slide to your presentation, and can independently edit its timing settings to customize its appearance.
- You also have the option to change or remove the cover slide by using the three-dot menu found on the cover slide. This allows you to replace it with a different slide or navigate back to the original one.
- Click Play from the beginning to view the entire presentation
- There is also a play button available from the three dots on the MS manager
- To start from a subsequent point - navigate to the slide and click the drop-down to Play from Current Slide
- While in presentation mode, pause and cycle between milestones with the side arrows
- Not just a video - the presentation can be stopped and the site plan interrogated at any time