0. Initial Setup
- Enable the Visual Programming feature on your profile settings:
- Visual programming templates are preset packages of instructions for the resources. They can be used in several different ways and the file below refers exclusively to the animation of resources following a path:
1. Create a 3D line
This line will dictate the path of the vehicle.
- Select the 3D Line feature in the Project Setup toolbox.
- Draw the desired path for your vehicle. The first point will define the start of the animation and the last will define the end.
- Define the 3D line settings like the name, line style, timeline connection and terrain projection from the side panel. Try to keep your lines correctly labelled to make it easy to identify and connect them to the objects in the next steps.
2. Add resource to scenario
- Add the desired object from the Resource Library and open the Visual Programming panel.
- The Visual Programming tool can be used for different purposes but for this exercise, you can use the template file (Resource Animation Template) and upload it to the resource. Some resources already have a template available but you can still adjust and add a new one.
- Once the file is uploaded, click on the Edit button to adjust the template.
3. Edit the Visual Programming template
In the Visual Programming editor, perform the actions below to adjust the animation of the resource:
- Click on the Minimize button to visualize the 3D view
- Reconnect the Object input and output in the indicated boxes
- Switch the Object field to update with the current Resource
- Select the desired path based on the 3D line names
- Optional - Define the speed factor for the animation (higher values = faster movements)
- Optional - Define the start point for the animation (% of the total path)
- Optional - Define the path completion factor (% of the total path)
Once you are done, close the Visual Programming editor and assess the overall animation and make the necessary adjustments.
4. Other templates
Click on the links below for other Visual Programming templates: